Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Shearing

This is a subject I've been meaning to have a go at for a while...not to have a go at shearing myself I hasten to add but to paint the subject of shearing. During the last Sports Week I took the opportunity to take a load of pictures of the shearing competition to give me suitable references.

Eventually I would like to do a series of these but so far I've completed just one.

Reference:

Finished painting:


I'm pretty chuffed that on the day after finishing this painting I had an offer for it...result!. Whilst on the subject of selling I've also put my two bird close-ups up for sale in a shop/gallery in Stanley, here they are in Studio 52. Hope they sell.

3 comments:

  1. Wow very original work, liking it! Great textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I now have refs for a further 6 cropped paintings and one larger scene in this set....now I just need to get on and paint them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a powerful interpretation of a common farm procedure... good luck with the sales Ben!

    ReplyDelete