Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Some old stuff

A few old bits and pieces from when I started drawing again.

Glass of water, Graphite on white paper (a good exercise in observation is a glass of water, draw what you see not what you know is there), and flowerpot, pastels on white paper, just a quick doodle I did when I first dug out my old pastels.















This is a little pastel sketch of a photo I took in a building in Vienna, back when I took it I had it in mind that it would make a good subject for a painting so I had a crack at it.
Sketch of Boom as a pup, Conte on white cartridge pad.
....and Boom again, biro portrait (interesting using biro like that, no room for any correction at all)

2 comments:

  1. I love this. I like to work in pen but couldn't tackle anything this detailed/precise. As you've said, no room for error. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John, that was actually the first drawing I finished when I took took up art again in October and I did mess up my first effort at it, a complete write off. Needless to say when this one was just about finished I was being very very careful with it.

    ReplyDelete